MONTREAL – Police have more leads in this weekend’s fire at the Snowdown theatre and arrests could be soon made.
A Montreal police spokesperson told Global News they have identified two teenage suspects who they are currently trying to locate for questioning. They are both believed to be underage.
There is also a third suspect that they police have been unable to identify.
Earlier Monday, pictures were posted on social media where it looked like teenagers were setting foam pieces on fire inside the theatre.
Montreal firefighters battle blaze at iconic Snowdon Theatre
EXCLUSIVE: City puts Montreal’s historic Snowdon Theatre up for sale
Two teens questioned in connection to Snowdon Theatre blaze
Montreal police couldn’t confirm if the pictures were real but they said they are part of the investigation.
READ MORE: Fire officials say Snowdon Theatre blaze ‘suspicious’
The historic Snowdown theatre was built in 1937 but closed in 1982.
A gymnastics club and a few offices occupied the theatre until the city called it “unsafe for human use” and sent them packing.
It had been vacant and up for sale by the city for about three years.
READ MORE: EXCLUSIVE: City puts Montreal’s historic Snowdon Theatre up for sale
On Saturday night, black smoke was seen coming out of the building.
It took 90 firefighters to extinguish the blaze.
READ MORE: Montreal firefighters battle blaze at iconic Snowdon Theatre
Neighbours and members of the community were hoping the building could be restored but the fire left the building with extensive damage to the roof which puts the building’s future in question.
If found, the teenagers could face charges of breaking and entering, arson and damaging property among others.